U-32 students have the opportunity to achieve a high degree of proficiency in French, Spanish, or both. Language students at U-32 work to master the five national standards on increasing levels of complexity. These standards are:
- to communicate in a foreign language using speaking, listening, reading, and writing;
- to know about and understand their respective foreign language culture;
- to use the language to connect with other disciplines and to acquire information;
- to compare the language and its respective culture to our own; and
- to participate in multi-lingual communities in the United States and overseas.
We strongly recommend that students take Foreign Language courses in consecutive years.